We’re excited to welcome you at The Mayton with the safety and wellbeing of our team members, guests, and community top of mind. We invite you to join us on the Terrace for fresh air and views, or getaway for a quick staycation and spend the night to unwind.
The leadership team at The Mayton will be continually assessing the situation as we follow government restrictions and industry guidelines to maintain a welcoming and safe experience for all. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or visit our website for updated information.
What to expect during your visit.
Please note, in order to comply with NC State ordinances, all guests are required to wear face masks while in the common areas of the hotel unless seated for eating and drinking.
Our guest rooms are equipped with single-use toiletries, and no one, unless requested, will enter your room for the duration of your stay. For your safety, the fitness center is also closed until further notice.
Food & Drink
We are excited to welcome you to dine or relax with us at Verandah, which is open for dine-in service inside or on the Terrace. Verandah is open 7 days a week, and we are accepting walk-ins or reservations. You will be required to wear a mask until seated, then you can remove it to enjoy a selection of cocktails, small bites, and entrees.
The Mayton’s Commitment to Cleanliness
We at The Mayton share your concern regarding exposure to viruses including COVID-19. We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. The Mayton’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps we are taking include:
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotel is using cleaning products that meet CDC guidelines and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. Housekeepers wear new gloves to clean each room. Additional precautions include rotating hotel rooms every 72 hours when possible. This means the room you are checking into will not have been occupied during this time.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Ongoing Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to our cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re continuing to focus on this:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act in conjunction with staying home if ill, and to avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth. It’s critical for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced virus prevention awareness training.
- Wellness Checks: We are conducting regular wellness checks at the beginning of each shift including temperature checks and asking health-related questions. Employees exhibiting signs of illness will be sent home until they can be medically cleared.
We are monitoring news and guidelines from the government and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and we are vigilantly following the advice to keep you happy and healthy. If you have any questions about our cleanliness procedures, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here for you.
The Mayton Team